Susan E. Falk's Blog

My journey toward getting published. Here I'll be posting thoughts, ideas, frustrations and so forth about the wonderful world that is professional writing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fargo, North Dakota, United States

I'm a summer of 69 baby from Chicagoland with 5 years in Orlando. I now call Fargo home. I have a BA in Theatre from Bemidji State.
I am a writer journeying toward publication. I have one completed manuscript set in 1924 Chicago that is 75,000 words. I have other works in progress ranging from: erotic, contemporary, paranormal, time travel, inspirational. So, as you can see I'm across the board (which reflects my reading tastes as well!).
Finding time to write in between working two jobs and family can be challenging. I had a recent break from focusing on my original works, but am starting again. So, I'm still working on a balance with my 13 year old.
I am an avid reader, primarily romance and mysteries (combined is a plus) but I read just about anything. I have a website that features my fan fiction, books read, reading links, and tons of links on various subjects. Stop by!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Progress

It's Thursday. I've gotten over 6,000 words written in my new version of SHARON'S ESCAPE. I'm thrilled to have it falling into place! Finding time to write this week had been challening as my little one has decided she no longer needs her afternoon naps. I've until now been guaranteed 90 minutes of writing time if I wanted it.

I've started on a serial that I'll post here, hopefully weekly. Look for the first installment this weekend. It will feature two characters from my completed manuscript AMANDA'S SONG. Melinda is Amanda's friend and Robert is Rourke's son. The two met at Amanda and Rourke's wedding. In the story, it's the summer of 1925 and Robert's just returned for the summer from college.


Thanks for stopping by!
Susan

1 Comments:

Blogger Wrkinprogress said...

I, for one, am looking forward to your being published. :) I know this is a long-time dream, and I will be one of the happiest fans on the planet when you are given the recognition you deserve.

Love ya!!

Your Nashville Friend, otherwise known as Work In Progress, oddly enough

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home