Susan E. Falk's Blog

My journey toward getting published. Here I'll be posting thoughts, ideas, frustrations and so forth about the wonderful world that is professional writing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fargo, North Dakota, United States

I'm a summer of 69 baby from Chicagoland with 5 years in Orlando. I now call Fargo home. I have a BA in Theatre from Bemidji State.
I am a writer journeying toward publication. I have one completed manuscript set in 1924 Chicago that is 75,000 words. I have other works in progress ranging from: erotic, contemporary, paranormal, time travel, inspirational. So, as you can see I'm across the board (which reflects my reading tastes as well!).
Finding time to write in between working two jobs and family can be challenging. I had a recent break from focusing on my original works, but am starting again. So, I'm still working on a balance with my 13 year old.
I am an avid reader, primarily romance and mysteries (combined is a plus) but I read just about anything. I have a website that features my fan fiction, books read, reading links, and tons of links on various subjects. Stop by!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Welcome to my Blog!

Here I will hopefully write about my progressive steps in getting published.

I currently have one completed manuscript. It is set in 1924 Chicago about a woman aspiring to sing despite a rather strict upbringing in which such a lifestyle is frowned on. Coming to Chicago from Iowa is a huge step for Amanda, bringing her one step closer to her dream. She leaves behind a large family who while they love her would never support her in her dreams and a suitor who was not very gentlemanly in his behavior. After witnessing her mother die in childbirth to children #8 & 9 as a young girl, Amanda has secretly vowed not to end up like her mother with nothingn to claim from her life but her own baseball team in children. She's not counting on her job at a Speak Easy resulting in her getting attention, particularly from the scarred owner of the Speak Easy, Roarke Collins. It's a romance, so of course it centers around Amanda's not only finding love but accepting it. AMANDA's SONG is 75,000 words.

I have several works in various stages of progress.

SHARON's ESCAPE is a contemporary romance set in present day Florida. An emotionally and socially reclusive woman, Sharon Peters agrees to housesit for her friend, bringing about her first vacation in years. While there she meets Neil Patton, a man who seems to have nothing better to do with his time but spend it with her for the month she's visiting. This work is geared to a line similar in nature to Silhouette Romance.

AN AUGUST WIND is a frontier historical romance set close to where I live now in Fargo, North Dakota. August comes to town after a long winter of solitude intent on restocking his depleted supplies and maybe seeking the comfort of a woman for a spell while he's there. He had not counted on the changes that took place in the little town during the winter, a dark cloud hangs over the town. He finds himself wanting to find out what has caused it, drawing him closer to a woman than he anticipates.

A FREE MAN is a contemporary Inspirational romance set in a rural Minnesota town. James Bonner has just been released from prison after five years, falsely imprisoned for a crime he did not commit. He returns to the town he and his father had visited often as a child for fishing, hunting and other outdoor activities intent on starting over and putting the pieces of his life back together. His landlord, Melissa Horton, has enough faith to flood the little town with it. He's doubtful that she can ever trust an ex-con, even one who claims his innocence.

TIFFANI's TRAVELS is a sequel to AMANDA's SONG and is a time travel, bringing Tiffani "with an I" Sinclair to the Roaring twenties where she meets James Andrews. We met James in AMANDA's SONG, he is Amanda's uncle by marriage and has been a widower for years. Believing that there was only one chance at love for him and having it cut short for him when his late wife was gunned down, James hasn't exactly lived the life of a hermit but he keeps women at bay. What is it about the frustrating Tiffani that has him rethinking his hesitancy to commit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home